Monday, November 13, 2006

busy weekend

Had a pretty busy weekend, so I'm just now getting to play catch-up with my picutre posting. I'm cheating again and posting 2 pics for each day. Sue me.

Saturday, November 11, 2006




This weekend was Homecoming at our alma mater. Being former choral group members, we went to the choral performances (which were great - the Chorale is spectacular this year!). I waited too long to get pictures, so this is just a random crowd shot from after the performances.

After we put in our appearance at Homecoming, we were off to Memphis to enjoy this little gem.

Oh, yeah. This was awesome! Trans-Siberian Orchestra is something everyone should experience at least once in their lives. The musical talent is incredible. The pyrotechnics and special effects are outstanding. And if you are like me, you'll find the storyline to be truly moving.

Sunday, November12, 2006


Had lunch at Benihana. I love hibachi. And our chef had amazingly swift hands. There was a ton of food. But I have to admit, I wasn't as impressed as I am with our Asahi. I think it's because the Asahi chefs do more little cute stuff with the food instead of just twirling things around. The onion volcano/smoky mountain/train makes my day every time. And that just didn't happen at Benihana.


Spent the afternoon playing Texas Hold'em with Sensei-hubby's bro and sis-in-law. Fun stuff! I stink at poker. I'm too curious for my own good. There's always that chance that someone is bluffing, and I can't stand not knowing for sure. So I usually lose. Good thing we aren't actually betting money, huh?

No comments: