Friday, October 27, 2006

Trick or Treat

I can't pick just one photo for today, so I'm going to cheat and pick 2.



My class had their Halloween party this afternoon (always plan parties with preschoolers on Fridays, regardless of the day on which the occasion actually falls). So I was smart with my lesson plan. I knew they'd be too hyped up about the party to concentrate on letters or numbers, so we painted jack-o-lanterns. I gave them little muffin cups with orange paint and Q-tips to use as paint brushes. They did so good! As they finished, I sent them to the bathroom to wash the paint off their fingers. Austin had worked so meticulously with his little Q-tip that he hadn't got a speck of paint on him - which, at 4 years old is a miracle on the same level as the immaculate conception!

As I said, today was our Halloween party, complete with costumes. As this is a photo blog, I won't post the whole long drawn out ordeal here (but if you really want to know, go here). Suffice it to say that there was much chaos before this seemingly calm scene was photographed. And since it has rained for 2 days straight, there was nowhere to go for the kids to run off all this sugar. But they were pretty good, and the parents that came took their kids with them when they left, so the rest of the day was fairly decent.


No comments: